This document contains a summary of some of the rental conditions. For detailed conditions, refer to the rental agreement upon vehicle collection.
• All rates quoted in this document inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST) and are in NZ dollars.
• Rental basis is per calendar day.
• Minimum rental period is 5 days, with the exception.
• Minimum rental periods are subject to change during peak periods.
All rates and conditions are subject to change as required and without prior notification.
INCLUDED IN RATES:
• Unlimited kilometres
• Vehicle liability (liability applies, see information under the heading “for your protection – vehicle liability”)
• 15% GST
• Airport transfers upon vehicle collection and return
• Kitchen equipment
• Linen and bedding
• General equipment
• Customer care 24 hour, 7 days per week road-service helpline (toll free)
The Maui inclusive Pack is NZ$55 per day (maximum NZ$2,750 per rental) and is payable in addition to the daily rental rate.
The Maui inclusive Pack component is commissionable along with the vehicle component of the rental.
• Liability Reduction Option
• Picnic table and chairs (chairs per person travelling)
• Snow Chains if required
• Portable Heater if required
• Baby / Booster seat - on request (cannot be fitted in some vehicle categories)
• WiFi, including 1GB of data
• Extra Driver Fees
• Linen Exchange
• Single vehicle rollover cover
VEHICLE SECURITY DEPOSIT
If the Liability Reduction Option or the maui Inclusive Pack is not taken, the customer must pay the Liability Deposit. The Liability Deposit is $7,500 and is applicable regardless if the hirer has purchased private travel insurance.
The customer must provide a valid credit card or debit card to pay the Liability Deposit and the amount will be debited to the customer’s credit card or debit card on the day of vehicle collection. The credit or debit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Liability Deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit or debit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of pre-paid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a Liability Deposit.
The Liability Deposit is subject to a 2.4% credit card administration fee in addition to the Liability Deposit amount when the credit card used is either a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card, or 4.6% when the credit card used is American Express. The credit card administration fees are subject to change.
The Liability Deposit is fully refundable, including the 2.4% credit card administration fee, if the card used to provide the Liability Deposit is a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card, provided the Vehicle is returned undamaged. maui recommend that customers use a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card for the Liability Deposit, as the credit card administration fee that applies when using American Express credit card is not refundable.
Only Visa credit or Visa debit card, MasterCard credit or MasterCard debit card, or American Express credit card are acceptable to use for the purpose of the Liability Deposit.
• Rental days are charged per calendar day. When calculating the number of days a vehicle is rented, the day of pick-up is counted as day one of the rental. The day of the vehicle’s return is counted as the final day of the rental. Vehicles are required to be collected and returned within business hours.
• When a rental moves from one rate season into the next, the calculation is based on both rates.
• Minimum rental period is 5 days.
• Minimum rental period is 10 days for hires with a collection date between 22 December to 5 January.
• Minimum rental period is 10 days when a vehicle is being collected from the North Island and is being returned to the South Island if the rental commences between the months of October through to March.
• Minimum rental period is 14 days for hires dropping off in Queenstown between 1 September to 24 December 2018.
• Minimum rental period is subject to change during peak periods.
• Late pick-up or early return of vehicle does not entitle the hirer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental. No refund will be made if the length of hire is shortened or for unused days.
• If the customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Maui (call 0800 651 080). The rental extension is subject to vehicle availability. The cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged may not reflect the original rate booked Failure to obtain authorisation will result in a daily fee of NZ$150 in addition to the daily rate.
Maui branches are open daily from 0800 to 1630 hours, 7 days a week with the exception of Christmas Day (25 December) when all branches are closed.
Maui requests that clients collecting or returning their vehicle to be in the office by 1530 hours.
Should a customer have more than one consecutive rental they can be combined to qualify for longer-term hire discounts off the vehicle rate. Details are on application.
ROAD USER CHARGE RECOVERY FEE
The Road User Charge Recovery fee is included in the Maui Inclusive Package. If the Maui Inclusuve Package has not been selected the Road User Charge Recovery Fee will be calculated and collected on return of the vehicle based on the kilometres travelled during the hire.
The vehicle rates per 100km are as follows:
Ultima, Ultima Plus: NZ$6.84 (Cascade from April 2019)
Beach, Cascade, River: NZ$7.24
maui reserves the right to amend the Road User Charge Recovery Fee in response to changes in Government Road User Charges.
QUEENSTOWN LOCATION FEES
Vehicle collections and returns in Queenstown incur a NZ$ 95 location fee (same city collection and return, one fee applies). This is in addition to the one-way fee if applicable.
PUBLIC HOLIDAY SURCHARGE
A NZ$100 surcharge will apply to all rentals picking up and/or dropping off on National public holidays:
22 October 2018, 26 December 2018, 1 January 2019, 2 January 2019, 6 February 2019, 19 April 2019, 22 April 2019, 25 April 2019, 3 June 2019, 28 October 2019, 26 December 2019, 1 January 2020, 2 January 2020, 6 February 2020
Motorhomes can only be driven on sealed/bitumen or well-maintained roads.
No vehicle shall be driven on Skippers Road (Queenstown), the Crown Range Road (Queenstown), Ninety Mile Beach (Northland), Ball Hut Road (Mt. Cook), North of Colville Township (Coromandel Peninsula), All ski field access roads (from 1 June to 31 October)
Maui reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions.
A current and full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection.
Should a foreign licence be in a language other then English it must be accompanied by a current international driving permit issued in the same country as the driver’s licence was issued. An accredited English translation will be accepted in lieu of an international driving permit.
Drivers must be 21 years of age or over.
Maui provides free airport to branch and branch to airport transfer on day of arrival and departure for our Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown Branches.
TOLL AND TRAFFIC NOTICES AND ADMINISTRATION FEES
maui reserves the right to charge the hirer for any speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines In addition to the costs associated per fine an administration fee of NZ$60 may be applicable
CHANGE OF DROP-OFF DESTINATION
If the customer wishes to change the drop-off destination, they must first obtain authorisation from maui (call 0800 651 080).
Subject to the change being approved, an additional charge of up to NZ$750 may apply.
CHANGE OF VEHICLE
Should the vehicle booked be unavailable through unforeseen circumstances, Maui reserves the right to substitute an alternative vehicle without prior notification and at no extra cost. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to a refund.
Vehicles cannot be requested by make or model, only by vehicle category.
Should the hirer decide to take a lesser vehicle than booked they will not be entitled to any refund.
Maui reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
CUSTOMER CARE ON-ROAD ASSISTANCE
Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported to Maui as soon as possible and within 24 hours in order to give Maui the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental.
Failure to do so may impact any claims for compensation. Maui do not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period.
Please contact us on free phone: 0800 788 558 or landline 0064 9 255 4471
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS
The credit or debit card holder will be jointly and severally liable as a customer. Accepted cards are Visa credit or Visa debit card, MasterCard credit or MasterCard debit card and American Express credit card. A non-refundable 2.4% administration fee will apply to all Visa and MasterCard transactions or 4.6% for American Express. Credit card administration fees also apply to the Liability Deposit and only the customer’s credit or debit card is acceptable to use for the purpose of the Liability Deposit and the Credit Card Authority. The credit card administration fee is subject to change.
CREDIT CARD AUTHORITY
The customer authorises maui to retain the details of their credit or debit card and to take any action to recover from the credit or debit card the amounts due by the customer pursuant to the maui Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. These charges including, but not limited to, vehicle cleaning (this includes toilet and waste water tank emptying), speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines, on road assistance, delivery and return of vehicle, late drop off fees, failure to return the vehicle with full diesel or petrol tanks or full LPG bottle (pre-paid fuel and pre-paid gas is included in the Express Return Pack), rental extensions or Exclusions. For security purposes, only the customer’s Visa credit or Visa debit card, MasterCard credit or debit card or American Express credit card can be used for the Credit Card Authority.
EXCHANGE RATE / CURRENCY VARIATIONS
All credit card transactions are conducted in New Zealand dollars. Due to exchange rate fluctuations and/or bank transaction fees there could be some variance in the amount refunded compared to the amount initially charged. Maui does not accept any liability for variances up or down.
Maui will not honour calculation errors. Should a calculation error occur Maui will charge for the shortfall.
All amendments to bookings are subject to availability of vehicle and/or package. Different rates may apply based on the amendment made.
If rental dates are amended within 14 days of vehicle pick up, no refund will be made if the rental is shortened.
Illustrations and text in any of our documentation, brochures or website are subject to change. Images are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by Maui or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer.
These rates and terms do not apply to convoy bookings (any rental that consists of five or more vehicles travelling together).